Friday, July 1, 2011

Canada Day (yawn)

July 4 comes three days early up here in Canada. Well, you know what I mean -- it's not July 4, but it is independence day for Canada. Which means everything is closed, people (not me) go camping, people (not me) drink a lot, and people (not me) set off lots of fireworks. Come to think of it, that seems to be what most people do on every holiday up here.

We generally do.....nothing. James does shift work, and has worked probably every Canada Day since we have been married. I sit at home and get annoyed with the loudness, especially this year since I have a sleeping baby that I would like to keep sleeping. We shall see how the night progresses. I suppose when the kids are older, we might go to a fireworks display or have a BBQ or something. But for now, it's low-key and I am sitting at home blogging. :) :)

I'm a little bit of a party pooper, but I'm good with this arrangement. What's patriotic about fireworks anyways?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment