Friday, July 22, 2011

my firstborn turns one!!!

Tomorrow, at precisely 8:30 a.m. EST, my daughter will be a year old. !!! And that blows my mind just a little. Ok, a LOT. It is hard for me to comprehend that I have been a mama to that sweet girl for a whole year. Wasn't it just yesterday I was swaddling her, nursing in the middle of the night, and wondering when she would stop crying?? I have to say, I have really enjoyed every stage so far. Teething was never an issue for her, so I can't say anything about that one. I love the newborn thing, the starting-to-develop-a-personality thing, the rolling over thing, the sitting up thing, the cooing thing, the smiling thing.....I like it all. And she really is the best little kid -- I feel incredibly blessed. She has recently started giving hugs and loving on Mama and Daddy, and if that doesn't melt my heart, well then.... :) :)

So, at one year old, what is Delaney up to??
  • We don't go for regular doctor visits, so I have no idea on height and weight -- I would guess about 20-21 pounds.
  • Wears a size 3 diaper.
  • Crawls half the time, walks the other half -- getting closer to being a full-time walker.
  • Is all about the paci, at least for sleeping purposes. Goes to bed with one paci in her mouth and another one in her hand. :) :)
  • Basically in size 12 month clothing -- some bottoms/dresses are 18 months because she is so tall.
  • Has two bottom teeth. She had a little accident about a month ago and knocked one a little crooked.
  • Sleeps generally 12 hours a night....8pm--8am. Lately, she has been sleeping later though, gets up somewhere between 9 and 9:30.
  • Most days has gone down to one nap. On exceptionally cranky days, might have two. :) :)
  • She loves milk!! Sadly, we stopped nursing around seven months due to infections/Mama being pregnant again. Does not particularly like juice or water, unless we feed it to her from a regular cup. Might skip the sippy cup stage.
  • Eats EVERYTHING!! I still puree some veggies to get nutrients in her.
  • Loves to clap for herself and everything.
  • No real words yet -- getting close to something like "dada" or "daddy" when she sees him. And says something that I think means "thank you."
  • She is a real social butterfly!! She LOVES attention, especially from men (hmmmmm.... ;)
  • Loves her little gear toy and her shape sorter.
  • Is pretty much the cutest kid ever and definitely my favorite little girl!!!
I'm sure there is lots more, but I just want to record a few things to make sure I remember. Happy birthday to my sweet sweet girl!! ♥ ♥

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! happy birthday Delaney! She is so cute, and I can't believe a whole year has passed already. Treasure all those little moments -they are harder to remember when kid #2 comes along. love ya!

    ReplyDelete